Yokogawa SL1000 High-Speed Data Acquisition Unit
Selecting a data acquisition platform for electronics or mechatronics applications has always been a balancing act. High speed digitizers lack the isolation, attenuation, or bit resolution necessary for power electronics testing. PC-based platforms with fast streaming throughput sacrifice noise immunity, signal conditioning, and hardware integrity.
Until now. The new Yokogawa SL1000 is the only data acquisition system that delivers independent, isolated channel hardware at 100MS/ch rates, with no compromise in bit resolution, memory depth, or streaming performance.
Speed of managing and acquiring data is the highlight of the SL1000.
- Fast Acquisition
- Up to 100 MS/s on all channels (10 ns sampling interval)
- 100 MS/s 12-Bit 1 kV¹ isolation module with 20 MHz bandwidth
- Supports parallel testing: Perform measurements with up to four simultaneously independent sample rates
- Fast Transfer and Storage
- Stream data to PC via high speed USB 2.0 or 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet²
- Real time display on a PC (GIGAZoom engine)³
- Stream data to a PC hard disk or the SL1000’s internal hard disk² in real time (at speeds of 1.6 MS/s = 100 kS/s x 16ch)³
- Easy to use
- Easy to use Standard Acquisition Software
- Quick and Intuitive operation means that you can start measuring immediately
- Setup Wizard guides you through detailed settings
- Can operate “Standalone”
- Store data directly on the SL1000
- Wide Library of Plug-In Modules
- Eight module slots are available in each unit
- Select from twelve different plug-in modules
¹: In combination with 10:1 probe (for isolated BNC input) model 702902 or 700929
³: Speed depends on PC performance and measuring conditions.
In the pursuit of isolated high-speed waveform measurements, Yokogawa has achieved a maximum sample rate of 100 MS/s (10 ns sampling interval). The Yokogawa SL1000 can accurately capture high-speed and high-voltage phenomena by using the newly developed 100 MS/s, 12-Bit resolution, 20 MHz frequency range and 1-kV * Isolation Module (model 720211).
Furthermore, you can combine modules that support measurements of a variety of signals, giving you solutions for an extensive range of applications.
*: In combination with 10:1 probe (for isolated BNC input ) model 702902 or 700929
Saving Data over Long Periods of Time
Data can be saved to the Yokogawa SL1000’s internal acquisition memory over long durations, or it can also be streamed in real-time to a PC’s hard disk or the SL1000’s internal hard disk ¹ ².
¹: with the /HD1 Option
²: Maximum speed of real time hard disk recording depends on measuring conditions.
³: Trigger mode: Single, measuring on 1 module, 2 channels.
Supports parallel testing
Perform measurements with up to four simultaneously independent sample rates. The amount of data saved on hard disk can be reduced by optimizing the sample rate for the DUT on a module by module basis.
High-Speed Data Transfer & GIGAZoom Function
You can transfer data to the PC at high speeds via USB 2.0 or Ethernet 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet¹. The Yokogawa SL1000’s high-speed data compression engine (GIGAZoom engine) displays waveforms on the PC in real time² (even with massive amounts of data at high sample rates). It offers the same display updating and zooming performance as standalone measuring instruments.
¹: with the /C10 Option
²: The number of channels from which waveforms can be displayed during measurement may be limited depending on the PC performance and measuring conditions.
Real Time Saving to Hard Disk
Continuously measured data can be saved in real time to a PC’s hard disk and/or the Yokogawa SL1000’s internal hard disk ¹. File names are assigned automatically, freeing you from time consuming file operations. Data can be saved simultaneously – and in real time – to both the PC’s and SL1000’s hard disks ¹. This bolsters the reliability of your data storage system, protecting your vital data. You can access the SL1000’s internal hard disk ¹ with Xviewer waveform viewer software, or through an FTP client over Ethernet ².
¹: with the /HD1 Option
²: with the /C10 Option
³: Typical values. Actual values depend on PC performance and measurement conditions.
Settings for the Hard Disk Recording Function
By using the various recording features, you can efficiently and automatically record only the data you need to the hard disk. Just specify the recording destination, recording start and stop conditions, conditions for repeating recording, and other criteria. With free run mode, the specifiable parameters for the recording start condition are immediate, time, and alarm; for the recording stop condition, the parameters are continuous, time, recording time, and alarm; and for the repeating condition, recording interval and number of recordings*. With triggered mode, measured data is recorded on each trigger. You can also manually save data from the Yokogawa SL1000’s internal acquisition memory to PC hard disk.
*: Max. file size per recording is 12 GB (recording on 4 channels, approximately 1.5 GW/ch)
Multi Units Synchronization
Maximum 8 Synchronized Units
- 100 MS/s up to 128 ch (16ch x 8 units)
- Can use 4 different sample rates across all units
- (Supports Parallel testing)
- Can combine trigger and alarm for channels across all units
- Maximum speed for saving in real time1
- PC HDD: 1.6 MS/s = 100kS/s x 16ch > 10kS/s x 128ch (Total data transfer rate to PC HDD is 1.6MS/s) Unit HDD: 1.6MS/s = 100kS/s x 16ch (100kS/s x 128ch with 8 units)
1: Typical values. Actual values depend on PC performance and measurement conditions
In synchronized unit mode, recording into PC and SL1000 embedded HDD at the same time is not possible.
The recording file is per unit basis. (Utility software interface.)