Hipot Tester is an abbreviation for high potential Tester.
Hipot is a term given to a class of electrical safety testing instruments used to verify electrical insulation in finished appliances, cables or other wired assemblies, printed circuit boards, electric motors, and transformers.
Industries & Applications for HiPot testers
• cable manufacturer, switchgear industry, bus bar, batteries
• electronic component testing (capacitor, transistor, electronic boards, IGBT, relays)
• Appliance manufacturer (washing machines, coffee machines, fridges, heaters, boilers, ovens)
• industrial equipment (compressor, electric motors, electric tools)
• lighting industry (street lights, stage lighting, medical lighting, bulbs)
• IT industry (modems, satellite receivers, servers, printers, ATM’s)
• calibration & certification laboratories (electrical meters, components, insulated materials, such as plastic, ceramic, textile)
• railway industry (train power line, electrical cabinets, cabling,)
• transformers, coils, electric engines