The R&S NGU source measure units (SMU) are the right choice for challenging applications. They are used in R&D labs and integrated into production test systems.
The NGU SMUs include six current ranges from 10 µA with 100 pA resolution, to 10 A with 10 µA resolution. For all ranges, accuracy up to 0.025 % is achieved. Voltage is measured with 10 µV resolution in the 20 V range and 1 µV resolution in the 6 V range.
For the typical measurement problem of capacitance at the input to the device under test, the R&S NGU features a variable capacitance mode adjustable in steps from 1 µF to 470 µF, compensating the capacitance, so that the current is displayed as if it was measured directly at the device under test. Devices up to 20 V, 8 A, and 60 W are all supported.
R&S NGU Features:
- Easy operation
- High-resolution touchscreen
- Color coding of operating modes
- Graphical display
- QuickArb function
- EasyRamp function
- Save and recall instrument settings
What sets the R&S NGU source measure unit apart?
- Two quadrants: source or sink operation
- Minimum residual ripple and noise to supply interference
- free voltage to sensitive DUTs
- Fast regulation of output voltage with minimum overshoot and very fast load recovery time
- Acquisition rate of up to 500 ksample/s to capture extremely fast variations in voltage or current
- Voltage priority and current priority mode
- High-capacitance mode
- Battery simulation
R&S NGU201 – for the wireless communications specialist
- Two quadrants: operates as source and sink
- Variable output impedance and constant resistance mode
- Digital voltmeter (DVM) function
- Battery simulation
The Rohde & Schwarz NGU201 source measure unit is tuned for battery drain analysis of any battery-powered device up to 60 W, including mobile phones, tablets and IoT devices, for example. Furthermore, it can be used for
battery tests and simulations, thanks to its adjustable output impedance and optional battery simulation tool
R&S NGU401 – the semiconductor testing specialist
- Four quadrants: source or sink operation with arbitrary polarity
- Modulation input
The R&S NGU401 source measure unit is the specialist for semiconductor testing. It is designed for general purpose applications that span many different industries and many different devices under test. The R&S NGU401 source measure unit can act as bipolar power supply or bipolar electronic load.