The R&S HM8143 power supply is the perfect choice whenever two-quadrant operation is needed. Besides the source functionality, it also provides electronic loads to accurately sink current and dissipate power in a controlled manner, for example to emulate the characteristics of a battery being charged or unloaded.
The R&S HM8143 offers two channels with up to 30V source and sink functionality plus one source channel with 5V.
Electronic fuse and modulation inputs are additional features.
R&S HM8143 Features:
• 2 x 0V to 30V / 1 x 5V, 3 x 2A (130W)
• Linear regulated, two-quadrant power supply (current source and sink)
• Realtime voltage and current values
• Advanced parallel and serial operation
• Setting and readback resolution: 10mV, 1mA
• Electronic fuse and tracking mode
• Front connectors: 4mm safety sockets
• SENSE connectors for line loss compensation (30V channels)
• External modulation of output voltages up to 20kHz
• Arbitrary module: 4,096 points, 12bit
• RS-232/USB dual interface, IEEE-488 (GPIB) optionally
Parallel and serial operating modes
► In the parallel operating mode, channels can be bundled to achieve higher currents.
► In the serial operating mode, channels can be combined for higher output voltages.
► The R&S HM8143 provides two modulation inputs on the rear, so it can be used as a power amplifier with a frequency range from DC to 20 kHz. Applications include testing of AC motors, relays, etc.
► In order to provide even better protection than current limiting, the R&S HM8143 offers the feature of an electronic fuse. As soon as the current limit is reached, all outputs are simultaneously disabled.
► The arbitrary mode can be used to generate a time/voltage flow. A table comprising up to 1024 voltage and time values can be defined using external software tools.