The Megger BITE5 Battery Tester is a versatile and easy-to-use tester that’s perfect for a wide range of lead acid, NiCD, and lithium-ion batteries. It measures and records battery voltage, impedance, and temperature. The recorded data can be trended on the unit’s touch screen. View the trended data of each test or trend the data of each cell. Set pass, warning, and fail limits for voltage and impedance. Record the ripple voltage, ripple current, and float current and transfer the recorded data via USB or via an SD card to the Power DB software. With this software, you can create custom reports and automated analysis.
The BITE5 can measure impedances on cells up to 200Vdc. This saves you time by measuring entire banks of cells instead of individual cells. The BITE5 is perfect for lithium ion battery packs.
The BITE5 supports discharge testing, meaning it will measure the voltage and current throughout the discharge cycle – allowing you to get a complete picture of your battery’s performance. Additionally, the BITE5 can measure the impedance and temperature throughout the discharge cycle, providing valuable insights into the health of your battery. Plus, with the ability to record voltage, DC current, impedance, and temperature of each cell throughout the entire discharge test, you can easily track and trend data over time – giving you a clear view of how your battery is performing.
The BITE5 can be used on a variety of batteries, as well as other devices. Take readings from solar panels on a branch of panels. Take readings from the combiner DC voltages. Measure the input and output of inverters and more.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Tests lead acid (VLA and VRLA), NiCD, and lithium-ion Measures cell impedance
- Cell voltage
- Cell temperature
- Cell voltage ripple
- AC current (ripple)
- DC current (float)
- Supports discharge testing
- Measures cell voltages throughout discharge
- Measure cell temperature throughout discharge
- Measure cell impedance throughout discharge
- Measure DC current throughout discharge
- Measure string voltages up to 1000 V DC
- Measure solar combiner boxes up to 1000 V DC
- Measure DC side of inverters up to 1000 V DC
- Measure AC side of inverter up to 600 V AC
- Wirelessly transfer data to PowerDB
- Battery impedance testing
- Battery discharge testing
- Solar combiner box measurements up to 1000 V DC
- Lithium-ion battery testing up to 200 V DC