The FLIR VT8-600 & VT8-1000 Voltage-Current-Continuity Open Jaw Testers
are your go-to troubleshooting electrical testers.
The FLIR VT8 Volt-Continuity-Amp electrical tester with it’s optimized Jaw design allows it to fit into tight spaces while at the same time measuring large diameter cables. Compact design and extensive measurement features makes the VT8 your ‘go to’ meter; carry it in your pocket and be ready to troubleshoot a wide range of systems and problems in your facility.
Two models to choose from, the VT8-600 has a CAT III-600V/ CAT IV-300V safety rating and the VT8-1000V is CAT III-1000V/ CAT IV600V rated.
The VT8-600/1000 is the right choice for electricians and service techs performing troubleshooting and verification of electrical installations and systems within commercial and light/industrial facilities.
RUGGED AND SAFE
Made with the quality and reliability you have come to expect from FLIR test and measurement tools
• Work more safely with the CAT IV safety ratings
• Safely store test leads when not in use with the built-in test lead holder
• Keep the test leads out of your way when you’re not using them – the length is short enough to minimize interference, yet long enough to get the job done.
Equipped with the capabilities you need including True RMS, AC/DC voltage and current, continuity, resistance, and capacitance
• Measure AC/DC voltage and current, continuity, resistance, and capacitance
• DCA zero, relative mode (AC/DC voltage, AC current, and capacitance), data hold
• Work efficiently in dimly lit areas using the bright LED worklight and backlit display
• Uses standard Shielded Banana Test Leads
• Detect live AC voltages with the built-in non-contact voltage (NCV) detector
• Improve accuracy of readings with True RMS measurements
• The VT8-600 has a CAT III-600 V/CAT IV-300 V safety rating and a 100A/600V measuring range.
• The VT8-1000 has a CAT III-1000 V/CAT IV-600 V safety rating and a 200A/1000V measuring range.
FLEXIBLE, EASY TO USE
Designed for long, trouble-free operation so you can focus on the task at hand
• Take measurements in tight spaces with the optimized jaw design, and measure large-diameter cables with the wide jaw opening
• Operate the meter with one hand thanks to the compact, ergonomic design
• View information easily at any distance on the large multi-function LCD display
FLIR VT8-600 & FLIR VT8-1000 Specifications:
|True RMS Voltage and Current||Yes|
|AC/DC Current Range||100 A||200 A|
|AC/DC Current Resolution||0.1 A|
|AC (50 to 60 Hz) / DC Current Accuracy||±2.5%|
|AC/DC Voltage Range||600 V||1000 V|
|AC/DC Voltage Resolution||0.1 V|
|AC (45 to 66 Hz) / DC Voltage Accuracy||± 1.5%, ±1.0%|
|Resistance||60.00 MΩ ± (1.5%)|
|Continuity Check Threshold||10 Ω to 100 Ω|
|Capacitance||600 μF ±4.0%, 6000 μF ±10.0%|
|Non-Contact Voltage Detector (NCV)||≥100 Vrms; ≤10 mm distance (LED/buzzer alerts)|
|Additional Measurement Functions||DCA zero, relative mode (AC/DC voltage, AC current, and capacitance), data hold|
|Jaw Opening||15.5 mm (0.61 in)|
|Display||6000-count backlit multi-function LCD|
|Display Rate||Approximately 3 times per second|
|Polarity||Automatic display of positive and negative polarity|
|Over-Range Indication||“OL” or “-OL” displayed|
|Auto Power Off||After 15 minutes|
|Power Source||2 x AA alkaline batteries|
|Low battery Indication||Battery symbol is displayed when batteries need changing|
|Operating Temperature||-10 to 50°C|
|Relative Humidity||95% max; 5 to 30°C, 75% max; 30 to 40°C, 45% max; 40 to 50°C|
|Storage Temperature||-30 to 60°C (-22 to 140°F), batteries not installed|
|Drop Test||2 m (6.6 ft)|
|Dimensions: (W × H × D)||210 mm × 53 mm × 35 mm|
|Weight||163.7 g including batteries|
|Certifications||C-UL-US, CE, RCM|
|Safety Category Rating||CAT IV-300 V||CAT IV-600 V|
|CAT III-600 V||CAT III-1000 V|