Kyoritsu 5406A RCD Tester
The Kyoritsu 5406A RCD Tester is used to test an RCD which is is a protective device used to automatically disconnect the electrical supply when an imbalance is detected between live conductors. In the case of a single-phase circuit, the device monitors the difference in currents between the active and neutral conductors.
In a healthy circuit, where there is no fault current flowing to earth or protective conductor current, the sum of the currents in the line and neutral conductors is zero. If a line-to-earth fault develops, a portion of the line conductor current will, therefore, not return through the neutral conductor. The RCD monitors this difference, operates and disconnects the circuit when the residual current reaches a preset limit, the “residual operating current”. This is what the Kyoritsu 5406A tests.
Kyoritsu 5406A RCD Tester Features:
• Custom microprocessor controlled for highest accuracy and reliability.
• 3 LEDs for checking correct wiring status.
• 0 and 180 degree phase angle switch permits quick tests and consistent readings.
• Digital read-out of tripping time.
• Constant current source circuitry ensures that a fluctuating mains voltage does not affect the accuracy of readings.
• Large custom digital display readout.
• Visual indication of reversed phase and neutral wiring at socket.
• Designed to IP54 Rating.
• Complies with IEC 61557
• Test of a large kind of RCD’s: Standard, Selective, AC and A (DC sensitive breakers)
Kyoritsu 5406A RCD Tester Specifications:
|Rated Tripping Current|||10/20/30/200/300/500mA|
|Fault Condition Settings|||x 1/2, x 1, x 5, x DC, |
|Trip Current Duration|||1000ms, 200ms (x5)|
|Trip Time Accuracy|||±0.6%rdg±4dgt|
|Operating Voltage|||230V+10%-15% |
|(195V – 253V) 50Hz
|Safety Standard|||IEC 61557-1,-6 |
|IEC 61010-1 CAT III 300V
|IEC 61010-2-031 Pollution Degree 2
|Withstand Voltage|||3700V AC for 1 minute|
|IP Rating|||IEC 60529-IP54|
|Dimensions|||186(L) x 167(W) x 89(D)mm|
|Accessories|||Molded plug test leads |
|Pouch for test leads
|Optional|||7121B (Simplified measurement probe)|