The FLUKE 123B Industrial ScopeMeter 20 MHz Hand-Held Oscilloscope features innovative functions that help technicians troubleshoot faster and obtain the answers they need to keep their systems going.
The 123B also allows users to automatically view related numerical measurements due to it’s Fluke IntellaSet™ technology. Additionally, it comes with Recorder Event Detect capabilities, which capture intermittent events and logs them for simple viewing and analysis.
- Dual-input digital oscilloscope and multimeter
- 20 MHz oscilloscope bandwidth
- Two 5000-count True RMS digital multimeters
- Connect-and-View™ trigger simplicity for hands-off operation
- IntellaSet™ technology automatically and intelligently adjusts numerical readout based on the measured signal
- Dual-input waveform and meter reading recorder for trending data over extended periods
- Recorder Event Detect captures elusive intermittent signals on repetitive waveforms up to 4 kHz
- Shielded test leads for oscilloscope, resistance and continuity measurements
- Resistance, continuity, diode and capacitance meter measurements
- Power measurements (W, VA, VAR, PF, DPF, Hz)
- Voltage, current and power harmonics
- Check Industrial networks with BusHealth physical layer tests against defined reference levels
- Save or recall data and instrument setups
- Store instrument setups defined by a test sequence for routine maintenance or most often used test procedures
- External optically isolated USB interface to transfer, archive and analyze scope or meter data
- Optional WiFi adapter connected to internal USB port to wirelessly transfer information to the PC, laptop or Fluke Connect® mobile app
- FlukeView® ScopeMeter® Software for Windows®
- Rugged design to withstand 3g Vibration, 30g shock, and rated IP51 according to EN/IEC60529
- Highest safety rating in the industry: safety rated for CAT IV 600 V
Connect-and-View™ triggering for an instant, stable display
Oscilloscope users know how difficult triggering can be. Using the wrong settings can lead to unstable waveform captures, and sometimes the wrong measurement data. The 123B has the unique Connect-andView™ triggering technology that recognizes signal patterns and automatically sets up the correct triggering to provide a stable, reliable and repeatable display.
Connect-and-View™ triggering is designed to work with virtually any signal, including motor drives and control signals – without adjusting parameters, or even touching a button. Signal changes are instantly recognized and settings are automatically adjusted, providing a stable display even when measuring multiple test points in quick succession.
The Auto Readings function with Fluke IntellaSet™ technology uses proprietary algorithms to intelligently analyze the measured waveform and automatically displays the most appropriate numerical measurements on screen, so you can get the data you need easier than ever before.
As an example, when the measured waveform is a line voltage signal, the Vrms and Hz readings are automatically displayed, whereas if the measured waveform is a square wave, the peak-peak and Hz readings are automatically displayed. Using IntellaSet™ technology in conjunction with Connect-and-View™ automatic triggering you can be sure you’re seeing not only the correct waveform, but the appropriate numerical reading as well. All without touching a button.
Industrial equipment needs a reliable power supply to operate properly, use the dual input to obtain key power measurements
For single phase or 3-phase balanced systems, the dual inputs of the Fluke 123B can measure AC+DC RMS voltage on channel A and AC+DC RMS current on channel B.
Harmonics are periodic distortions of voltage, current, or power sine waves. Harmonics in power distribution systems are often caused by non-linear loads such as switched mode dc power supplies and adjustable speed motor drives. Harmonics can cause transformers, conductors, and motors to overheat.
In the Harmonics function, the Fluke 123B measures harmonics to the 51st. Related data such as dc components, THD (Total Harmonic Distortion), and K factor are measured to provide a complete insight in to the electrical state of health of your loads.
One test lead to measure multiple electrical parameters
High frequency waveform, meter, capacitance and resistance measurements as well as continuity checks are all covered by single set of shielded test leads. No time is wasted finding or swapping leads.
Fluke Connect mobile app compatibility
Automated industrial machinery is harder than ever to trouble shoot. It’s not enough to just know where you have to test, you also have to know what to look for-and that can be hard without baseline measurement data or access to subject matter experts.
The Fluke Connect® Assets wireless system of software and wireless test tools enables technicians to reduce maintenance costs and increase uptime with accurate equipment records and maintenance data that is easy to interpret, and share. Compare and contrast test point measurement data and trends so you can better understand signal characteristics and changes over time.
And, by storing maintenance data on the Fluke Cloud™ you can enable team members to access it from wherever and whenever they need to so you can get advice or approvals in the field and get your systems up and running faster than ever before.
Use the comprehensive recorder modes to help find intermittent faults with ease
The toughest faults to find are those that happen only once in a while-intermittent events. They can be caused by bad connections, dust, dirt, corrosion or simply broken wiring or connectors.
Other factors, like line outages and sags or the starting and stopping of a motor, can also cause intermittent events resulting in equipment shutdowns. When these events happen, you may not be around to see it.
But, your Fluke ScopeMeter will. You can either plot the minimum and maximum peak measurement values or record the waveform trace. And, with expandable micro SD memory, recording sessions can be done for up to 14 days.
This recorder is even more powerful with the addition of Recorder Event Detect, which makes detecting and logging intermittent faults easier than ever. Just set a threshold on a meter reading or scope trace and deviations are tagged as unique events. You no longer need to search through masses of data to pinpoint faults, and can quickly step from one tagged event to the next, while still having access to the full data set.
Industrial Bus Health Test verifies electrical signal quality on industrial buses
Bus Health Test analyzes the electrical signals on the industrial bus or network and gives a clear “Good”, “Weak” or “Bad” indication mark for each of the relevant parameters, presented next to the actual measurement value.
Measured values are compared to standard values based on the selected bus types (CAN-bus, Profi-bus, Foundation Field, RS-232 and many more), or, unique reference values can be set if different tolerances are required.
The cost effective Fluke 123B/S Kit is available with the following added items:
- Soft Carrying Case
- Magnetic Hanger
- FlukeView® ScopeMeter® Software for Windows®
- Screen Protector