The Fluke 830 Laser Shaft Alignment tool is easy-to-use, giving you fast, accurate and actionable answers that will keep your plant up and running. When it comes to laser shaft alignment, data is good but answers are better.
Unlike using the straightedge method or dial indicators the Fluke 830 performs the complicated alignment calculations for you, meaning you’ll have the answers you need to quickly align your machine and get your plant up and running fast.
An enhanced user interface provides easy to understand results that don’t require extensive alignment knowledge and the unique “All-in-One” result screen that shows you both coupling results and feet corrections (vertical and horizontal) in real terms making it easy to take corrective action.
Since machine downtime is costly, test repeatability is critical. The Fluke 830 uses a patented single laser precision alignment system that provides accurate and repeatable measurement results so you can be assured you’re addressing misalignment problems properly.
Other useful features:
- Includes a unique “All-in-One” result screen that shows both coupling results and vertical and horizontal feet corrections, making it easy to take corrective action
- Features a dynamic machine tolerance check that provides continuous evaluation of alignment adjustments so you know when your machine is in the acceptable range
- Offers unique extend mode to handle gross misalignment by virtually increasing laser detector size
- Provides auto save and resume capability to ensure your data is there when you need it
Check Alignment in Three Simple Steps
Step-by-step input of machine dimensions.
Rotate the shaft and receive instant measurement verification.
Actual correction numbers are given along with a 4-level color severity scale, indicating whether your machine is misaligned.
Handling Gross Misalignment
When machines are well outside of accepted tolerances it can be difficult to get accurate alignment readings. For these misalignments the 830 uses a unique “Extend” mode allowing for better measurement accuracy by automatically increasing the effective sensor measurement area. Increasing the sensor measurement area virtually allows the Fluke 830 to address gross misalignment quickly without the need to performa an initial rough alignment.
50% of damage to rotating machinery is directly related to misalignment – most customers ignore it and just replace the bearings, seals and cou-plings. Precision alignment can provide up to 65% reduction in seal repairs, up to 50% longer bearing life, and up to 10% reduction in energy waste. The 830 is essentially a kit that simpli-fies precision shaft alignment, as it does not require in-depth shaft alignment education to operate. It employs an intuitive guided user interface that walks the mechanic through the steps and performs complicated alignment calculations for your team. This means you’ll have the answers you need to quickly align most (not just a few) of your machines and get your plant up and running fast.
- Test and Measurement
- Motors and Drives
Fluke 830 Includes:
- Fluke 830 Laser Alignment Tool
- Laser sensor with integrated wireless
- Laser prism
- Chain-type mounting bracket with 150 mm support posts (2x)
- 300 mm support post (4x)
- Micro fiber cleaning cloth
- PC cable
- USB drive
- USB drive cable
- Tape measure
- Power adapter
- Instruction kit and carrying case