Fluke 117 Electrician’s Multimeter with Non-Contact Voltage
The multimeter designed for electricians
The Fluke 117 Electricians Multimeter is a compact, CAT III 600 V, True-RMS meter that includes an easy-to-use interface with a bright backlight for darker worksites. It saves you time and enables you to move from job to job more quickly. With a quick turn of the dial you can get measurements for:
For the everyday
A digital multimeter designed to be hauled everywhere with you, part of your everyday tools. The 117 is built for demanding applications like:
- Commercial buildings
Non-contact voltage detection
Keep yourself safer with integrated VoltAlert™ technology. Fast, go/no go non-contact voltage detection built into your multimeter saves you from having to carry around or find an extra tool to get the work started.
Automatic AC/DC selection
Set the dial and get your measurement quickly with AutoVolt. This automatic AC/DC voltage selector makes it easier for you to get the measurement you need and move on quicker.
Frequently asked questions
What is the difference between the Fluke 115 and the Fluke 117?
While similar, the Fluke 115 and the Fluke 117 meters are designed for slightly different purposes. The Fluke 115 is a compact True-RMS digital multimeter that’s great for field service. The Fluke 117 is a designed specifically for electricians. With a quick turn of the dial both units provide measurements for:
The Fluke 117 offers non-contact voltage detection and has a selectable low-impedance mode to prevent false readings from ghost voltage. The 117 also features automatic selection of AC or DC voltage, depending on what was detected.
Does the Fluke 117 read milliamps?
The Fluke 117 Electrician’s Multimeter includes a 10 amp current range for making both AC or DC current measurements. The maximum resolution is 1 milliamp.
What’s the best multimeter for electricians?
The Fluke 117 digital multimeter is designed for electricians. The Fluke 117 provides highly accurate measurements for frequency and capacitance as well as Min/Max/Average readings. Non-contact voltage detection offers a fast way to determine if live voltage is present in the area being tested. The low impedance mode prevents detection of ghost voltages.
- VoltAlert™ technology for non-contact voltage detection
- AutoVolt automatic AC/DC voltage selection
- Low input impedance: helps prevent false readings due to ghost voltage
- Large white LED backlight to work in poorly lit areas
- True-RMS for accurate measurements on non-linear loads
- Measures 10 A (20 A overload for 30-seconds)
- Resistance, continuity, frequency and capacitance
- Min/Max/Average with elapsed time to record signal fluctuations
- Compact ergonomic design for one-handed operation
- Compatible with optional magnetic hanger (ToolPak™) for hands-free operation
- CAT III 600 V safety rated
- Three year warranty