Extech LCR200 Features
- The Extech LCR200 measures inductance, capacitance, and resistance
- Tests secondary parameters of Q (Quality), D (Dissipation), R (Resistance), θ (Phase), and ESR (Equivalent Series Resistance)
- Higher accuracy than DMMs
- Built-in test fixture
- 5 preset test frequencies
- Dual display with bargraph
With the Extech LCR200 you can see simultaneous 20,000/2,000 count displays of the primary parameter on the high contrast backlit display coupled with a segmented bargraph display. You can set Hi/Lo limits using absolute values or percentage limits and test with 5 preset frequencies. Open and Short Zero removes unwanted stray impedances from the measurement. Use the built-in test fixture or external test leads (included). You can expand the functionality of your LCR200 with several optional accessories (not included): SMD Component Tweezers (LCR203) and a plug-in SMD Chip Component Fixture (LCR205). A soft pouch storage case (CA900) is also available. The LCR200 has an Auto Power Off function that can also be disabled and a low battery indicator to alert you when to replace the batteries.
In order to improve the accuracy for high/low impedance measurements , it is recommended to do OPEN/SHORT calibration mode before the measurement. This removes stray impedances in test leads or fixtures.
- Press the CAL button for greater than 2 seconds to start the open/short calibration procedure:
- The “CAL” icon and “OPEN” appear in the display
- With no component connected, press the CAL button. The display will count down from 30 and either “PASS” or “FAIL” will appear in the display.
- Press the CAL button and “Srt” will appear.
- Short the input and press the CAL button. The display will count down from 30 and either “PASS” or “FAIL” will appear in the display.
- Press the CAL button to exit the cal mode.
- If PASS appeared for both the OPEN and SHORT modes, the calibration data will be saved to external EEPROM.
- If FAIL appeared for either calibration, the impedance was too large to zero out and the data is not stored.