Fluke PRV240FS Proving Unit – Test Voltage Indicators
Designed for safety and compliance
Verify your test tool works without unnecessary exposure to shock and arc flash.
Make the process easy by using the PRV240FS Proving unit. Verifying that your T6 electrical tester is working properly reduces the need for personal protective equipment (PPE) when a known voltage source is not available for verification before tests are performed. (PPE is still needed for absence of voltage testing when appropriate).
On the PRV240FS, a single switch and a set of LEDs indicate functionality of both standard AC and DC measurements with test leads, and FieldSense, “no-test-lead” voltage measurement capability. This unit is a simple-to-use solution for complying with verification procedures of your test tools.
The PRV240FS also provides AC and DC voltages for all high impedance instruments in your toolbox. When paired with the included TPAK magnetic hanging strip and the long battery life, including this proving unit in your toolbox is an easy decision.
The PRV240FS will last for 2000 tests per set of four AA batteries, with a 10-second test average.
“Test Before Touch”
Fluke’s PRV240FS allows you to “Test Before Touch” (TBT), which involves testing your T6 against a known live source before, and after, the actual measurement. This sequence verifies that your test tool is operating properly during the actual measurement.
Voltage is sourced through a central hub designed to test the T6 FieldSense open fork, as well as through recessed contacts that are activated when test probes are inserted to avoid accidental contact.
• Using the PRV240FS reduces the risk of shock and arc flash by validating the functionality of test tools without placing yourself in a potentially hazardous electrical environment.
• Can prove functionality of the FieldSense measurement on the T6 electrical testers
• Sources both ac and dc steady-state voltage—supplies 240 V dc/ac.
• A single switch and a set of LEDs indicate functionality of both the FieldSense “no-test-lead” voltage measurement capability, plus standard ac and dc measurements with test leads. This unit is a simple-to-use solution for complying with TBT verification of your test tools.
• Compatible with high impedance multimeters or clamp meters.
• Voltage is sourced through a central hub designed to test the T6 FieldSense open fork, as well as through recessed contacts that are activated when test probes are inserted to avoid accidental contact
• Includes TPAK magnetic hanging strap
• Long battery life—2000 tests per set of four AA batteries (10 second test average)
The PRV240FS has been tested and includes a IEC61010-1, IEC61010-2-030 safety rating.