The EXTECH IR320 Dual Laser Infrared Thermometer is designed to tackle tough jobs indoors and out. The IR320 is designed for electrical contractors and plant maintenance technicians who face an array of temperature diagnostic challenges from overheating motors and pumps, to corroded electrical connections, failed steam traps, premature wear on processing equipment, as well as faulty HVAC and refrigeration systems.
The Extech IR320 survives falls off a ladder from heights up to nearly 10 feet (3m). With an ingress protection rating of IP65, the meter is dustproof and easily handles wet environments, from rainy outdoors to water-intensive manufacturing processes.
For improved accuracy, the IR320 features two laser pointers to visually show a 25mm measurement spot at the optimal 30.48cm distance. The 12:1 distance to spot ratio adds a layer of safety for technicians by permitting non-contact temperature readings at a safe distance from dangerous energized or moving equipment. To expand its testing versatility across a much wider range of plant and electrical equipment, Extech added a higher temperature range spanning to 650°C and adjustable emissivity for different surfaces.
To make it easier to scan equipment at job sites for trouble, maintenance professionals can set up high and low alarm thresholds to trigger when abnormal conditions are detected. The IR320’s innovative alert system flashes a bright blue LED for low temperature alarms and a red LED for high temperature alarms. The fast-responding thermometer and color-coded functionality allows a user to quickly scan electrical and plant components and focus on identifying anomalies without constantly evaluating specific temperature values on the display.
Other useful features include a bright backlight for easy viewing of the multifunction display, trigger lock for continuous measurements without trigger fatigue and a tripod mount for more extended, fixed location measurements (using the TR100 tripod available separately). Useful data features like data hold, minimum, maximum, average and differential values (T2-T1) yield added insights to identify trends or unusual conditions while conducting equipment inspections.
EXTECH IR320 Features:
- Measure non-contact temperature up to 1202°F/650°C
- High basic accuracy with adjustable emissivity
- 12:1 distance to spot (target) ratio
- Dual laser pointer identifies target area between the two points (~1″/25mm diameter of measured area)
- Programmable alarm with visual alert — LCD displays LO with Blue LED flashing when reading falls below Low alarm set point; LCD displays HI with Red LED flashing when reading exceeds High alarm set point
- Automatic Data Hold when trigger is released
- MAX/MIN/AVG/DIF functions
- Waterproof (IP65 rating) with 3m drop-proof protection
- Bright backlighting illuminates display for taking measurements at night or in areas with low background light levels
- Lock function for continuous temperature measurement without pressing the trigger
- Tripod mount (1/4″-20 UNC) for hands-free operation
- Auto power off
- Low battery indicator
- Complete with 9V battery and soft case
EXTECH IR320 Dual Laser IR Thermometer Specifications:
|Measurement Range||-20oC~650 oC (-4oF ~1202 oF)|
|Accuracy||≥0 oC: ±1.8 oC or ±1.8% of reading, whichever is greater
< 0 oC: ±(1.8 oC +0.1 oC / oC)
|≥32 oF: ±3.6 oF or ±1.8% of reading, whichever is greater
< 32 oF: ±(3.6 oF +0.1 oF / oF)
|Temperature Coefficient||0.1 oC / oC (0.1 oF / oF) or ±0.1% of reading per degree, whichever is
|D:S Ratio||12:1 distance-to-spot ratio|
|Response Time||250ms (95% of reading)|
|Display Resolution||0.1 oC (0.1 oF)|
|Repeatability||±1.0 oC (1.8 oF) or 0.8% of reading, whichever greater.|
|Laser configuration||Dual Laser|
|Laser Type||CLASS II|
|Battery Type||9V Battery (6F22), included|
|Battery Life||≥6h (operating continuously with backlight on)|
|Dimensions||189mm x 118mm x 55mm (|
|Operating Temperature||0 oC ~50 oC (32 oF ~104 oF)|
|Storage Temperature||-20 oC ~60 oC|
|Operating Humidity||< 90% RH (non-condensing)|
|Water Protection Level||According to IEC60529, complies with IP65|
|Drop Test||3m (9.8 ft.)|