The Megger MIT515 offers the best insulation resistance testing with up to 5kV test voltages and maximum resistance of up to 10 TΩ and standard insulation resistance (IR) test as well as polarisation index (PI) and dielectric absorption ratio (DAR).
The Megger MIT515 User can select test voltage of 250V, 500V, 1000V, 2500V, 5000V or programmable voltage from 100V to 1 kV in 10V steps and 1000V to 5000V in 25V steps.
New MIT range focus on productivity and efficiency which offers rapid charge Li-Ion batteries and operation from an AC source if the batteries are flat. Rapid charge batteries enable > 60 minutes testing after a 30 minute charge. Comper to Ni-MH (nickel metal hydride) batteries, Li-Ion batteries generally provide higher power levels but also provide superior longevity in most cases.
The Megger MIT515 is designed with operator safety and productivity as the cornerstone of it’s build. Safety rating of CAT IV 600V is not compromised on the MIT515 with all terminals and 12kV rated test leads. The MIT515 has a dual case design, which includes a tough outer case to protect the tester from knocks and drops and an inner fire retardant case for extra protection. The IP rating in closed case is IP 65 eliminating moisture and dust ingress.
An intuitive user interface ensures that no time is wasted remembering how to use the tester. Two rotary switches and the large backlight display enables multiple results to be displayed simultaneously. Inside the lid the MIT515 provides a graphical quick start guide to assist first time users.
Five preset voltage ranges are provided in insulation test mode and also user settable lock voltage range. Preconfigured diagnostic tests include Dielectric Absorption Ratio (DAR), and Polarisation Index (PI). The MIT515 has no onboard memory and cannot save test results, unlike the other instruments in the MIT range, but it does provide a lower cost entry into the range of Megger’s 5kV insulation testers.
- IR, timed IR, PI and DAR test modes
- Test voltage of up to 5kV in 5 steps
- User selectable voltages of 250V, 500V, 1000V, 2.5kV and 5kV
- Programmable test voltage from 100V to 5kV
- Can operate from AC mains power or battery power
- Up to 6 hours of continuous testing with rapid charge rechargeable Li-Ion battery
- Measures resistances up to 10TΩ
- Safety rating of CAT IV 600V to 3000m
- High noise immunity – 3mA of noise rejection
- Large LCD display with backlight
- 30V to 660V dedicated voltmeter function
- Capacitance from 10nF to 25 µF with voltage set above 500V
- Additional user protection with special dual case design