High measuring accuracy at swirl outlets thanks to volume flow straightener
Volume air flow is frequently measured at swirl outlets. Air flows are often incorrectly measured due to the turbulent air at these outlets.
The Testo 420 enables you to significantly reduce these measurement errors. The integrated volume flow straightener calms the turbulence and converts it into a virtually uniform air flow. This enables accurate calculation of volume flow in the 80 to 3,500 m3/h range.
What the testo 420 volume flow hood has to offer you
- Ergonomic — Exceptionally lightweight, weighing less than 2.9 kg (standard flow hood 610 x 610 mm)
- High-precision — Flow straightener significantly reduces common measurement errors at swirl outlets
- Efficient — Fast set-up, easy handling and convenient operation via the testo Smart App
- Compatible – Measurement, documentation and sending of reports in conjunction with the testo 400
Advantages of the testo 420 volume flow hood
- Light — Weighs less than 2.9 kg, making it extremely light. This makes a difference especially when you have to take frequent measurements.
- Precise — air turbulence at swirl outlets is pacified. This allows reliable measurement of the air flow.
- Flexible — optional exchangeable hoods for a variety of measuring tasks.
- Efficient — monitor measuring values and send them by e-mail directly on site via App.
- Convenient — the tilting display makes it easier to read out the measuring values. By removing the instrument, and with the corresponding accessories, you can comfortably carry out pressure and Pitot tube measurements too.
- Smart — the App allows you to use mobile devices as a second display or remote control.
- Compatible — Measure and manage measurement and customer data by integrating the testo 400.
Volume flow measurement via App
With the practical testo Smart App on your smartphone/tablet, you can fully exploit the capabilities of the volume flow hood.
For instance, you can then operate the measuring instrument remotely and also manage your measurement and customer data, and as an added bonus, reports can be sent directly on site via e-mail.
Overview of app functions:
- Monitoring of readings via graphic progression display and remote control of the testo 420
- Creation of reports/documentation with photos or comments and sending them via e-mail
- Calculation of total volume flow and air exchange rate
- Logging and also storage and management of measurement and customer data with a range of approx. 20 m in free field conditions via Bluetooth Low Energy
In addition to its light weight and the flow straightener, the following features will make your everyday work easier:
- Ergonomic handles
- Tiltable and removable display
- Funnel-shaped tension rod sockets for quick, easy set-up
- Trolley included for safe transport
- App integration for smartphones and tablets. Via Bluetooth, these become a second display and a remote control. Particularly practical for the safe use of a tripod for high ceilings.
- Convenient configuration, measurement and documentation as well as simple sending of reports via connection to the testo 400
volume flow measurement at swirl outlets – the background
Without an integrated flow straightener, the measurement result can be falsified by air turbulence. Depending on how the flow hits the instrument, the flow velocities measured are either too high or too low.
Solution: volume flow hood from Testo with flow straightener