Tenmars TM-196 3-Axis RF Field Strength Meter
This TM-196 is used to indicate electromagnetic pollution generated by transmitting equipment. It can measure voltage or a current, electric (E) and magnetic (H) fields. All types of radio broadcasting and TV transmitters produce electromagnetic fields, and they also arise in industry, business and the home where they affect us even if our sense organs perceive nothing
Often routine maintenance and service work has to be carried out in areas where active electromagnetic fields are present, e.g. in broadcasting stations, etc. Additionally, other employees may be exposed to electromagnetic radiation and in such cases, it is essential that personnel be not exposed to dangerous levels of electromagnetic radiation.
- 10MHz to 8GHz Frequency Range.
- Measurement ranges: 38mV to 20V/m.
- Isotropic electromagnetic field measurements.
- Non-directional (isotropic) measurements with three-channel sensor.
- High dynamic range. (due to 3-channel digital result processing).
- Configurable Alarm Threshold and Memory function.
- Low battery indication.
- Overload indication.
- Auto Power Off (adjustable from 0 to 99 minutes) with disable function.
Tenmars TM-196 Applications
- HF electromagnetic wave field strength measurements.
- Mobile phone base station antenna radiation power density measurement.
- Wireless communication applications (CW, TDMA, GSM, DECT).
- RF power measurements (Transmitters).
- Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) detection, and installation.
- Spy camera, wireless bug finder.
- Cellular/Cordless phone radiation safety levels.
- Microwave oven leakage.
- EMF safety (environmental applications).