You no longer have to make comprises when buying a spectrum analyzer. You can now get high-end
features without stretching your budget – the Rohde & Schwarz FSL series.
The R&S FSL is an lightweight and compact spectrum analyzer that is ideal for a large number of applications in development, service and production.
Despite its compact size, it offers a wealth of functions more typical of the high-end range, thus ensuring an excellent price/performance ratio. The R&S FSL is the only instrument in its class that features a tracking generator up to 18 GHz and can analyze signals with a bandwidth of 28 MHz. In addition, the R&S FSL18, which operates at frequencies up to 18 GHz, supports applications in the microwave range.
R&S FSL series features
• Frequency range from 9 kHz to 3 GHz/6 GHz/18 GHz
• 3 GHz, 6 GHz and 18 GHz models with and without tracking generator
• Best RF characteristics in its class
• Largest signal analysis bandwidth in its class (28 MHz)
• Low measurement uncertainty, even in microwave range
• High resolution filter accuracy owing to all-digital implementation
• Robust and compact
• Carrying handle and low weight (<8 kg/18 lbs)
• Optional battery operation
• Wide range of functions, simple operation
• Easy on-site upgrading with options
There are six different R&S FSL models available
- R&S FSL3: 9 kHz to 3 GHz
- R&S FSL6: 9 kHz to 6 GHz
- R&S FSL18: 9 kHz to 18 GHz (20 GHz overrange)
all available with and without tracking generator
Lightweight and compact for on-site installation, maintenance and service
The low weight (< 8 kg), the small size and the ruggedized housing make the R&S FSL ideal for mobile applications. Due to these properties it is easy to carry to remote or hard-to-reach locations. The carrying bag with space for an extra battery pack and accessories and the protective hardcover are also very convenient for field use.
Optional internal battery pack for cordless use When equipped with the optional internal battery pack (R&S FSL-B31), the R&S FSL can be used independent of the mains supply for at least one hour. Easy and fast battery exchange in the field increases battery operation time. In addition, a DC power supply (R&S FSL-B30) is available for the R&S FSL. This option allows the R&S FSL to be used anywhere where DC power is available, e.g. in a car.
Power measurements with R&S NRP-xx power sensors
Another special feature of the R&S FSL is the fact that you can directly connect a power sensor from the R&S NRP series. The R&S FSL-K9 option and a connected power sensor allow very precise measurements of the DUT power – an enormous advantage for applications where level accuracy is crucial. The R&S FSL can thus replace a power meter. This is particularly important in mobile applications.
Ideal for service
• High measurement accuracy
• Extensive evaluation options
• Wide range of functions
• Built-in frequency counter
• AM/FM audio demodulator for interference identification
• Extensive functions for power measurements
• Storage of settings and measurement results in the R&S FSL or on a USB memory stick