The full-range Extech MM570A digital multimeter measures voltage, current, frequency, capacitance, resistance, and temperature (using its Type K wire bead probe) with high resolution readings down to 1μV, 0.01 μA 0.0001 Hz, 0.01 Ω, and 0.1 degrees. The frequency measurement mode is expanded with dual-range sensitivity for line (to 200 kHz) and logic (to 2 MHz) levels. Users can perform dBm measurements with 20 preset impedances. Duty cycle, continuity, diode testing are also included. It is hard to beat the MM570A’s 0.02 percent basic DCV accuracy. For benchtop testing and field troubleshooting of precision electronic components, the meter provides superior measurement confidence. The backlit 6-digit display provides 50,000 count readings and an astounding 500,000 counts for DCV and frequency measurements. A useful segmented bar graph simulates analog testing and quick “needle-swing” tests. For convenience, the meter recalls the last function used when powered up. You can expand the versatility of the MultiMaster with optional Windows-compatible PC communication software and optically isolated cable to transfer, manage and analyze readings on your computer.
True RMS & Enhanced Diagnostics
Part of the Extech’s precision is its True RMS functionality. It can be very difficult to make accurate current and voltage readings in industrial and commercial applications when electronic devices are present. Fluorescent lights, motor drives, computer power supplies, and other electronic systems can distort the AC waveform, making it hard for averaging meters to get an accurate read. True RMS uses a more advanced formula to compensate for this kind of distortion. In addition to its high performing, 100 kHz ACV bandwidth that paints a more detailed picture of measurements, the MM570A offers a wide array of frequently used functions: maximum/minimum recording with autoranging, Auto Power off; Relative and Hold; and a robust Peak function that captures transient pulses. And, having two Type K thermocouple inputs make differential temperature (delta-T) calculations easier for R&D testing such as intake vs. exhaust component cooling tests or industrial and HVAC applications like superheat and sub-cooling measurements.
Plant mechanics and electrical troubleshooters can be confident the meter is backed by a CAT IV-600V & CAT III-1000V overvoltage safety rating, protecting users even on devices connected to raw voltage distribution lines.
- Full range multimeter functions with 0.02% basic DCV accuracy and up to 100kHz True RMS ACV bandwidth
- 50,000 count (500,000 for DCV and Hz) backlit LCD display with bargraph
- Special True RMS combination AC+DC function for measurements of rectified AC (non-symmetrical) voltage & current waveforms
- Filtered frequency function with adjustable trigger levels for variable speed motor drives and high voltage applications
- AC/DC current to 10A with 0.01µA resolution
- 4 to 20mA, displayed as 0-100% for process current measurements
- Capacitance, Frequency, Resistance, Continuity, Duty cycle and Diode tests with 1000V input protection on all functions
- Dual input Temperature function -50 to 1000°C with T1, T2 and T1-T2 display in °F or °C
- High resolution to 1µV, 0.0001Hz, 0.01Ohm, 0.01µA and 0.1°
- Max/Min recording with autoranging, Auto Power off, Relative & Hold, Peak function captures transient pulses
- Optional Windows® compatible PC communication software and optically isolated cable
- Complete with test leads, Type K thermocouple probe, protective holster with stand and 9 Volt battery