The IDEAL 61-757 TightSight™ Clamp Meter is a CAT IV 600 CAT III 1000 V rated auto ranging true root mean square (TRMS) digital clamp meter that measures up to 600 Amps AC and DC current via the clamp head. It measures up to 1000V AC and DC, Low Impedance AC Voltage (Lo Z) (to reduce the possibility of false readings due to ghost voltages) , frequency, resistance, continuity, capacitance, and diodes via test-leads (included) and measures temperature (⁰F/⁰C) via a K-Type thermocouple (included). It’s capable of detecting the presence of voltage between 40V to 600V via a non-contact sensor in the right tip of the clamp.
The patented TightSight LCD Display, located on the bottom of the unit, enhances safety and productivity by displaying a secondary reading at the end of the meter, eliminating the need to bend or twist conductors or place you head near the panel in order to see the main meter display. Both displays can be backlit, and a built-in flashlight can be illuminated when working in poor or zero lighting conditions. The unit uses an illuminated red LED in the center of the meter and emits audible tones to notify when voltage is above 30 volts, when continuity is detected and when the NCV senses voltage within its set range.
The clamp head has a built-in probe tip holder on the backside of the right clamp to allow measurements holding the clamp in one hand and the second lead in the other hand. The meter has a hanging strap mount (compatible with all other IDEAL meters with this feature) that allows for a hanging strap (sold separately) to be attached to the meter so it can be hung from a nail, screw or magnetic surface. An industrial grade over molding enhances grip and drop protection. This meter features HOLD, MIN/MAX, Relative, Zero, Range, and selectable Auto Power Off functions. The meter comes with 3 1.5V AAA Batteries and an easy open, fully accessible storage pouch with a belt loop that allows for meter, probe and thermocouple storage.
- UL Certified CAT IV 600 CAT III 1000V, measures 0-600 Amps AC/DC and 0-1000 Volts AC/DC
- Patented TightSight Display eliminates the need to bend or twist conductors or place your head near or in the panel and allows you to easily read the bottom display when taking measurements
- Provides True RMS AC voltage and current for accurate measurements on non-linear signals
- Measures AC/DC Current, AC/DC Voltage, frequency, resistance, continuity, capacitance, diodes, temperature, Low Impedance AC Voltage (Lo Z) (to reduce the possibility of false readings due to ghost voltages), and senses AC voltage.
- Built-in probe tip holder and hanging strap clip allows safer, easier measurement
- Built-in Flashlight and dual backlit displays, allow for safer/faster work in poorly lit environments
- Over molded Industrial design enhances gripping and allows the meter to withstand a 6.6-foot (2 m) drop
- Includes soft case, test leads, batteries, and K-Type Thermocouple