- Voice/Data/Video LCD based wire mapper verifies cable continuity
- Identifies errors by pin: shorts, opens, miswires, reversals, and split pairs
- For twisted pair, coax, and phone type cables
- Designed for Cat 3/5/5e/6/6a cables; RG59/6/ 6 Quad
- RJ-45; RJ-11/12; and Female F port interfaces
- Tone generator with 4 selectable tones
The IDEAL 33-856 VDV Multimedia Tester is the perfect tool for testing RJ-45 connector cables terminated to Cat 3/5/5e/6/6a twisted pair cables. This tester checks each conductor of the cable for any opens, shorts, or miswires, and can accurately identify and alert the user to uplink/crossover cables. With its easy-to-use interface and clear LED display, the VDV Multimedia Tester is an essential tool for any telecom or network professional.
- The test results are displayed on the LCD screen in a pin-to-pin format. Error types are also clearly displayed on the LCD.
- Shield continuity can also be tested on shielded RJ-45 connectors and cables.
- In Voice mode, the RJ-11/12 port is active. Testing is similar to the Data test, but tests up to 6 conductors instead of 8.
- In Video mode, the F port is active. Coax cables are tested for opens and shorts on the pin and shield.
- For all tests, the included main remote (Remote #1) is used to terminate the far end of the cable run. The main remote is stored in the base of the tester when not in use.
- A built in analog tone generator is also included and can be used in all testing modes. The tone generator has 4 user selectable tones. Toning helps to locate and identify a single cable that is within a bundle of cables. The tone generator has the ability to tone by pin, by pair, or the all conductors at once. This allows the user to more precisely locate errors within the cable, such as finding opens.
- The 62-164 Amplifier probe (sold separately) is recommended for use in amplifying the tone signal.
- The VDV is also available in the popular 33-866 TTT Test-Tone-Trace Kit. This all-in-one kit includes the 62-164 Probe, carrying case, several patch cables, and BNC/RCA coax adapters.