The Megger MIT1025 offers the best insulation resistance testing with up to 10kV test voltages and maximum resistance of up to 20TΩ and adds further key features to the design, targeting professional users, such as utility companies, engineers and asset protection specialists and industrial electrical contractors.
Similar design and specification to the Megger 5kV and 15kV but also, the MIT1025 offers a wide range of testing options and modes, including the standard insulation resistance (IR) test as well as polarisation index (PI) and dielectric absorption ratio (DAR). Additionally, the Megger MIT1025 also includes step voltage (SV) and dielectric discharge (DD) as well as a ramp test mode, where the test voltage is increased sequentially.
Advanced memory storage includes time/date stamping of results, logging of data, and recall of results to screen. A fully isolated type B – USB device interface is used for safe transfer of data to Megger’s PowerDB / Pro, Advanced and Lite asset management software packages.
The Megger MIT1025 User can select test voltage of 500V, 1000V, 2500V, 5000V, 10kV or programmable voltage from 100V to 1 kV in 10V steps, 1000V to 5000V in 25V steps and 5 kV to 15 kV in 25 V steps.
New MIT range focus on productivity and efficiency which offers rapid charge Li-Ion batteries and operation from an AC source if the batteries are flat. Rapid charge batteries enable > 60 minutes testing after a 30 minute charge. Comper to Ni-MH (nickel metal hydride) batteries, Li-Ion batteries generally provide higher power levels but also provide superior longevity in most cases.
The Megger MIT1025 is designed with operator safety and productivity as the cornerstone of it’s build. Safety rating of CAT IV 600V is not compromised on the MIT1025 with all terminals and 12kV rated test leads. The MIT1025 has a dual case design, which includes a tough outer case to protect the tester from knocks and drops and an inner fire retardant case for extra protection. The IP rating in closed case is IP 65 eliminating moisture and dust ingress.
An intuitive user interface ensures that no time is wasted remembering how to use the tester. Two rotary switches and the large backlight display enables multiple results to be displayed simultaneously. Inside the lid the MIT1025 provides a graphical quick start guide to assist first time users.
Five preset voltage ranges are provided in insulation test mode and also user settable lock voltage range. Preconfigured diagnostic tests include Dielectric Absorption Ratio (DAR), and Polarisation Index (PI). The MIT1025 has onboard memory and can save test results.
- Multiple test modes – IR, timed IR, DAR, PI, DD, SV and ramp diagnostic tests
- Test voltage of up to 10kV in 5 steps
- User selectable voltages of 500V, 1000V, 2.5kV, 5kV and 10kV
- Programmable test voltages from 100V to 10kV
- Up to 4.5 hours of continuous testing (10 kV with a 100 MΩ load )with rapid charge rechargeable Li-Ion battery
- Can operate from AC mains power or battery power
- Measures resistances up to 20 TΩ
- Onboard memory for saving test results with time and date stamping
- On screen recall of test results
- Download saved results to PC via USB interface
- Recorded temperature (measured by independent instruments) can be saved with test result
- Supplied with Power DB Lite software
- Safety rating of CAT IV 600V to 3000m
- High noise immunity – 3mA of noise rejection
- Large LCD display with backlight
- 30V to 660V dedicated voltmeter function
- Capacitance from 10nF to 25 µF (with voltage set above 500V)
- Current measurement range of 0.01nA to 6mA
- Additional user protection with special dual case design
- Supplied with double insulated test leads and clamps