Using the BOSCH BAT 131 Battery and Starting/Charging System Tester
The Bosch BAT 131 is the benchmark in battery testing, and is designed for testing all types of 6V and 12V starter batteries, including lead-acid, gel and fleece batteries/AGM.
The rugged, exterior housing is specially designed to survive the harshest workshop conditions and molded perfectly for one-handed operation
The load free test procedure provides fast, precise and reliable measurement results between 100 and 2000 CCA. In addition to CCA, the BAT 131 can also measure and display to CA, MCA, DIN, SAE, EN, IEC and JIS standards.
Designed with the technician in mind, the button layout and housing allows for one-handed operation. The 9-foot replaceable cables with Kelvin clamps allow for one person to perform starting / charging system tests from the driver’s seat of the vehicle. The cables also stay flexible in cold weather during battery and starting/charging system diagnosis. The coupon feature that allows the shop to have customized coupons print at the end of the customer printout help keep customer’s loyal to the shop.
BOSCH BAT 131 Features
- Easy to use menu
- Test batteries that are installed in or removed from the vehicle
- Optimized test algorithm for testing new batteries that are in stock or never been installed
- Extended test of the starting/ charging system for 12 V and 24 V batteries
- Optional amp clamp upgrade for more extensive starting/ charging system testing
- Integrated printer provides easy to read printouts and can be customized to display your shop’s name, address, telephone and website
- USB port for transferring and storing of test results onto a computer
- Flexible platform allows for future upgrades