B2900 Series Precision Source Performance and Rapid Measurement Results
B2900B/BL series Graphical SMU solves precision measurement challenges and enhances test efficiency from lab to manufacturing, while offering the best value for the price
- Wide application coverage by integrated 4-quadrant source/measure capabilities up to 210 V, 3 A DC/10.5 A pulsed
- Flexible output waveform by pulse, sweep and list sweep function
- High sourcing and measurement resolution: 10 fA/100 nV
- Fast setting/digitizing interval 10 μs/100 kpts/s
- Fastest sweep measurement available in a benchtop SMU
- Reducing execution time of repeated test commands by programming memory
- Innovative GUI: I-V (current – voltage) measurement without PC programming
- Multiple software control options, allowing you to choose the solution that best fits your particular application
Cost-effective bench-top Source/Measure Units (SMUs)
Kesight B2900 Series Benchtop SMU has the ability to source and measure both voltage and current. These capabilities make the B2900B/BL Series SMUs ideal for a wide range of IV (current versus voltage) measurement tasks that require both high resolution and accuracy
The B2900B/BL Series SMU has a current maximum ±3 A DC, a voltage maximum of ±210 V, and ±10.5 A pulsed sourcing capabilities. With a precision minimum of 10 fA/100 nV sourcing and measuring resolution, a color LCD graphical user interface (GUI) and several task-based viewing modes will improve your productivity for test, debug, and characterization.
There are six models in the B2900B/BL Series SMU – B2901BL, B2910BL, B2901B, B2902B, B2911B, and B2912B. There are several ways to differentiate the models: output range, number of digits displayed, measurement resolution, minimum timing interval, viewing modes, and SMU channels. With these model choices, you can choose the performance and price that fits your testing requirements.
A comprehensive SMU solution for IV measurements
B2900B/BL Series SMU make it an excellent choice for a variety of IV measurements such as active/passive component test, semiconductor test and general electronic device and material characterisation.
The B2900B/BL Series SMU has a wide range of applications, covering R&D, education, industrial development, production testing, and automated manufacturing. Additionally, they are equally effective as standalones or system components.
Testing semiconductors, discrete and passive components
- Diodes, laser diodes, LEDs
- Photodetectors, sensors
- Field effect transistors (FETs), bipolar junction transistors (BJTs)
- ICs (analog ICs, RFICs, MMICs, etc)
- Resistor, varistor, thermistors, switches
Testing precision electronics and green energy devices
- Photovoltaic cells
- Power transistors, power devices
- Medical instruments
- Power and DC bias source for circuit test
Research and education
- New material investigations
- Nano devices characterization (e.g. CNT)
- Giant magnetic resistance (GMR)Organic devices
- Any precise voltage/current source and measurement
Application literature is available on the Keysight web site. For more information please visit www.keysight.com/find/precisionSMU
CONTROL YOUR B2900 SERIES BENCHTOP SMU
The Keysight B2900 Series SMUs offer multiple software application solutions for instrument remote control, including:
- EasyEXPERT group+ device characterization software: Simplify common characterization tasks like test setup and execution, data analysis, and data management using the intuitive GUI interface.
- B2900 Quick I-V measurement software: Perform I-V measurements and display measurement data in tables and graphs without the need to program.
- BenchVue software: Integrate various Keysight instruments and control B2900 SMUs as voltage / current sources right from your PC.