YOKOGAWA AQ6376 Three Micron Optical Spectrum Analyzer 1500 – 3400 nm
MWIR WAVELENGTH with internal gas purge and cut filter
The Yokogawa AQ6376 is the latest version of our bench-top optical spectrum analyzer extending the wavelength coverage well beyond the NIR range of our previous models into the MWIR region from 1500 to 3400 nm.
Popular applications include the detection of gases such as carbon oxides (COx), nitrogen oxides (NOx), and hydrocarbon gas (CxHy) for environmental studies.
Similar to the long wavelength model, it offers the added benefits of gas purging input ports / output ports, a built-in cut filter for high order diffracted light, and a novel double speed mode which increases the sweep speed up to 2 times compared to the standard sweep mode.
Authorised Australian Distributor
YOKOGAWA AQ6376 Key feature summary:
- Long wavelength range: 1500 to 3400 nm
- Gas purging ports to reduce water vapor effects
- Built-In cut filter for high order diffracted light
- Double Speed Mode to further enhance fast measurement speed
- High sensitivity down to -65 dBm
- High resolution to 0.10 nm
- Wide close-in dynamic range (55dB)
- Fast auto-calibration
- Free space optical input for maximum flexibility, low maintenance, and high reliability
- Applicable to single-mode and multimode fibers
- Excellent performance for environmental gas sensing Laser Spectroscopy
- Indispensable tool for R&D and manufacturing of optical devices in the wavelength range from telecom band to 3.4μm
YOKOGAWA AQ6376 New Features:
Due to the high resolution and sensitivity of the YOKOGAWA AQ6376, it can actually detect the presence of water molecules in the air. The water vapor is detected in the upper Near-IR wavelength region and could overlap with or mask the spectral characteristics of the actual device under test in that particular region.
By continuously supplying a pure purge gas such as nitrogen to the monochromator through the ports on the back panel, the AQ6376 can reduce the influence of water vapor absorptions and provide more reliable and accurate measurements than ever before.
Built-in cut filter for high order diffracted light
Due to the diffractive technology used, the monochromator in some circumstances could generate high order diffracted light, which appears at wavelengths equal to the integral multiple of input wavelengths.
By cutting incoming light below 1500 nm with the built-in filter, the YOKOGAWA AQ6376 drastically reduces the influence of high order diffracted light on the measurement. Thus, the measured data are always reliable and replicate the real signal under test.
Double speed mode
Increases the sweep speed up to 2 times compared to the standard sweep mode, with only a 2 dB penalty to the standard sensitivity value.
Long Wavelength Range: from 1500nm to 3400nm
The YOKOGAWA AQ6376 covers not only the wavelength span used in communications, but also the 3µm region which is used for environmental sensing, medical, biology and industrial applications.
High Sensitivity: down to -65dBm
The YOKOGAWA AQ6376 can measure optical power from +13dBm down to -65dBm thanks to its high-dynamic and very low noise components and circuits used for photo detection. This enables precise measurements of both high power and low power sources.
Measurement sensitivity can be chosen among 7 values according to the measurement speed required by the specific test to be performed.
High Resolution & Wide Dynamic Range
The AQ6376 uses a double-pass monochromator structure to achieve high wavelength resolution (0.10 nm) and wide close-in dynamic range (55 dB). Thus, closely allocated signals and noise can be separately measured.
High speed Measurement
High Speed Sweep
With a proprietary sweep technique the AQ6376 achieves a much faster sweep speed than conventional measurement systems, which use a monochromator. Max. sweep time is only 0.5 sec. for 100 nm span.
Fast command processing and data transfer
Applying a fast microprocessor, the AQ6376 achieves very fast command processing speed and Ethernet interface provides up to 100 times faster data transfer speed than GP-IB.
The calibration and alignment process takes less on the unit take than 2 minutes and is fully automatic.
Free-Space Optical Input
The AQ6376 uses a free-space optical input structure, i.e. no fiber is mounted inside the instrument.
This smart solution is:
- WORRY-FREE, as no internal fiber can be scratched or get dirty
- MAINTENANCE-FREE, as no internal fiber has to be cleaned
- VERSATILE, as the instrument accepts both /PC and /APC connectors
- DUAL PURPOSE, as the instrument accepts both Single-Mode and Multi-Mode fibers without being affected by the high insertion loss from MM-SM fibers matching