REED R9600 Salinity Refractometer, 0-28%
REED R9600 salinity refractometer can be used to measure artificial seawater in aquariums, holding tanks and breeding ponds, brine concentration for pickling solutions as well as measuring the concentration of saltwater used in rinsing and cooking sea products.
Authorised Australian Distributor
REED R9600 Offers
- Salinity refractometers are useful for measuring the concentration of natural or artificial seawater in aquariums, holding tanks, and breeding ponds
- They can also be used for controlling the saltwater concentration when preparing pickles, measuring the concentration of saltwater used in rinsing and cooking sea products
REED R9600 Specifications
|Range||0 to 28%|
|Automatic Temperature Compensation Range||10 to 30°C|
1. Open the cover plate & place 2-3 drops of distilled water onto the prism surface, close the cover plate, press lightly & ensure the water spreads evenly across the whole surface area without air bubbles or dry sections. (wait 30seconds until the water adjusts to ambient temperature)
2. Hold towards light source & look into the eyepiece, if the boundary line between the upper blue field & the lower white field is not located exactly on the 0°C waterline, adjust the correcting screw until both lines meet.
3. Wipe the water from the prism with clean dry cloth & replace the rubber correcting screw cover.
NOTE: under normal operating conditions the calibration only needs to be checked periodically
1. If the ambient temperature is not within the automatic temperature compensation range (10 – 30°C) the instrument must be calibrated before testing commences.
2. The prism must be cleaned thoroughly with a soft, clean damp cloth after each use – failure to do so will result in inaccurate readings & possible long term damage
3. The instrument must be kept in a dry clean environment to prevent condensation forming on the optical components
4. If used in accordance with the instructions & all warning are followed – the optical performance will remain constant & the instrument will give many years of reliable service.