Reed R5002 Insulation Resistance Tester
The Reed R5002 High Voltage Insulation Resistance Tester is ideal instrument for safety measurements in highest voltages, up to 5000V. With its Auto-discharge function & voltage output warning function this electrical tester complies with IEC61010 safety measurement requirement in pollution degree 2, overvoltage category (CAT. IV 600V) and double insulation.
Authorised Australian Distributor
Reed R5002 Resistance/Voltage Insulation Tester
Measuring Insulation Resistance
Start making insulation resistance measurements by setting up the range switch to the desired insulation resistance range. Connect the black Earth cord to the “Earth” terminal on the circuit under test. Touch circuit with the tip of the red line probe and press the “PRESS TO TEST” button. The buzzer will sound intermittently during measurement. The measured value will display on the LCD, and it is automatically held after measurement. At any output voltage, when the tested resistance is less than 10MΩ, the testing time cannot exceed 10 seconds continuously.
AC/DC Voltage Measurement
Set the Reed R5002’s rotary switch to the desired AC or DC position. Connect the red test lead to the VΩ terminal and the black test lead to the COM terminal. Connect the test leads to the circuit under test. Read the voltage value on the LCD. When measuring DC voltage, if the red test lead is negative voltage, “-” will appear on the display. To avoid electric shock, do not test if voltage to ground AC/DC is more than 600V, even if the line voltage is below 600V.
Internal Power Source Measurement
With the all test leads disconnected, set the switch to DC position and press the BATT button. Read the voltage value on the LCD. After 5 seconds the meter will auto-off or press the BATT button to turn off the battery voltage function.
Low Resistance Measurement & Continuity Check
Set the rotary switch to the Ω position. Connect the red test lead to the VΩ terminal and the black lead to the COM terminal. Connect the tips of the test leads to the circuit under test. Read the resistance value on the display. When the resistance of a circuit is less than 50Ω, the audible tone will sound.
REED R5002 Features
- Wide range measurements from 500V to 5000V and up to 60GΩ
- Sources up to 1.2mA current during tests to offset capacitance load
- Polarization index measurement (PI)
- Dielectric absorption ratio measurements (DAR)
- Time set measurement function
- Auto-discharge function and voltage output warning function
- Live circuit warning symbols plus audible warning
- Live circuit detection prevents insulation test if >30V is detected
- Max/Min, Peak, Relative value and Data Hold functions
- 6000-count digital display with bargraph and backlight
- Meets IEC61010-1 C at. IV 600V safety standards
- Includes test leads, batteries and carrying case
REED R5002 Specifications
- Insulation Resistance
- Test Voltages: 500V, 1000V, 2500V, 5000V DC
- Measurement Range: 0 to 60.0GΩ
- Accuracy: ±5% rdg. +3 dgt.
- Open Circut Voltage: +20%, -0%
- Rated Current: 1 to 1.2mA
- Short Circuit Current: A pprox. 1.3 mA
- Measurement Range: 0.1 to 6000Ω
- Accuracy: ±1.5% rdg. +10 dgt.
- Continuity Test: Buzzer sounds at <50Ω
- Short Circuit Current: ≥200mA
- Open Circuit Test Voltage: ≥4.5V
- Measurement Range: 0.5 to 600.0V AC /DC
- Accuracy: ±1.5% rdg. +5 dgt.
- Power Supply: 8 x 1.5V “C” R14 batteries
- Dimensions: 198 x 148 x 86mm (7.8 x 5.8 x 3.4″)
- Weight: 1.5 kg (3 lb)
What’s included with the REED R5002
- R5002 Insulation Resistance Tester
- Test Leads
- Carrying Case