Extech MA250 200 Amp AC Clamp Meter + NCV
Extech MA250200 Amp AC Clamp Meter + NCV
The compact Extech MA250 200 amp AC/DC clamp meters offer maintenance technicians and electricians a test instrument that delivers a high level of features and value. In addition to a host of core multimeter and current measurement capabilities, it also features a built-in non-contact voltage (NCV) detector.
- Built-in non-contact Voltage detector with LED alert to quickly check for the presence of live wires before testing
- 1.2″ (30mm) jaw size for conductors up to 500MCM
- 4,000 count LCD display
- Multimeter functions include AC/DC Voltage, Resistance, Capacitance, Frequency, Temperature, Duty Cycle, Diode, and Continuity
- Relative Mode for Capacitance Zero and Offset Adjustment
- Data Hold and Auto Power Off
- Complete with test leads, general purpose Type K bead wire temperature probe, two AAA batteries, and carrying case.
Authorised Australian Distributor
Extech MA250 Functionality
The heart of the Extech MA250 is a full-function digital multimeter. Measurement functions cover most types of troubleshooting over and above noninvasive current probe measurements: voltage, resistance, capacitance, frequency, duty cycle, diode and continuity tests. Even measure temperature with the supplied Type K bead wire temperature probe. Choose Celsius or Fahrenheit right on the selector dial. For diagnostics and troubleshooting you can use one of two one-button functions: press HOLD to freeze a reading on the LCD, and REL activates Relative mode for “zeroing out” the meter. This affordable clamp meter is compact and easy to hold. Whether you are performing amp readings in a plant or doing residential electrical work, the selectable 20 amp and 200 amp ranges coupled with an ample 30mm jaw opening can accommodate most jobs, swallowing conductors up to 350 MCM. The 4-digit (4,000 count) readout is large and easy to read, and you can operate the meter with one hand using the thumb-dial selector that is ergonomically placed off the side of the meter.
One important safety tool that is built in to the MA250 is a non-contact voltage (NCV) detector. The detector quickly identifies the presence of voltage on live wires and alerts the user with a red LED indicator. For you, this eliminates the need for a separate tester, offering you more value, added safety, and less tool bag clutter. The MA250 is also CAT III safety rated.