EuroSMC PTE-50-CE / PTE-50-CE PRO Secondary Injection Relay Test Equipment
The small, lightweight PTE-50-CE is the ideal instrument to test overcurrent and over/undervoltage protective relays, among many other applications.
The reversible 100VA amplifier can inject up to 50A or 150V with outstanding stability, free of distortions and completely isolated from the power supply. The waveform is synthetised electronically and can generate harmonics from 1st to 7th of the supply’s frequency. Various output ranges are available to maintain the 100VA power throughout the entire settings scale. The system features automatic protections against overload and overheating.
The “PRO” version features the PTE-FCN additional voltage source inside the lid. This option can be ordered and self-installed in a few minutes to upgrade any existing PTE-50-CE, and extends the applications range to many more relay types including directional overcurrent, impedance, synchronisation and frequency relays.
This equipment is extremely easy to use. You just set the test values (current, voltage, phase-angle, frequency) and activate the output. When the relay’s operation is detected, the chronometer will display the operation time with a 1ms resolution. A ‘step’ function is also available to test the relay across two non-zero values of current, voltage, or phase-angle.
Although the PTE-50-CE has been designed for fast, efficient in-field testing, it can also be controlled from an external computer running optionally available test software, designed for routine testing and automatic report generation.
- Output power 100VA.
- Current: up to 50A; voltage up to 150V.
- Selectable 1st to 7th harmonics.
- Adjustable phase angle: 0° to 359.9°.
- Second voltage (Model PTE-50-CE PRO): 30VA, 0 to 140V,
0 to 359.9°, 40Hz to 70Hz.
- 1ms resolution digital programmable chronometer.
- External synch input.
- RS-232 communications port and BUS-PTE.
- Multi-mode trip detection.
- Software-based adjustment and calibration.
- IP-65 protective case.
- Overcurrent relays.
- Over / undervoltage relays.
- Power factor relays.
- Ground protections.
- Reclosing relays.
- Distance / impedance / differential relays (Model PTE-50-CE PRO).
- Frequency relays (Model PTE-50-CE PRO).
- Synchronizing relays (Model PTE-50-CE PRO